Thursday, December 5, 2019

editing blog

Our music video was a mess. When we filmed we decided not to check out a camera. As discussed in my last blog, we did this because i was afraid of losing it. When we were filming we used an iPhone instead. I also discussed in my last blog how i accidentally filmed the whole thing portrait and not landscape. This is an issue because then when we transfer it to a computer it will look weird and different. We decided that it was too late to re film it landscape. So we took our portrait style videos and we put them together. We used iMovie on an iPhone as well. Another problem that arrived while we were editing, was that our song was not available on iMovie.

So after 10 minutes of trying, we decided to do something else. I tried to do a voiceover. The voice over was me recording on one phone and playing Starstruck on another. After I recorded the entire song I played it out loud. It was terrible. The sound was all funky and we cut different parts of the songs together so they didn’t match up. Then I realized it sounded weird because the volume was at 500%. Then once I turned the volume down to 100% it still sounded weird. So once I got home from winter break i showed my classmates and decided to re-do it. This time I created a whole new movie.

When I was recording the voice over this time I kept background noise to a minimum. I also used a Bose speaker so that it was better quality sound and louder. When cutting the different parts of the song together I tried to make it sound natural. Once I had all the sound worked out, another problem arose. Our video was too long. Our video was 1 minute and 28 seconds when they are supposed to be 1 minute and 15 seconds max. Then I decided to cut off part of me lip syncing the chorus and it was exactly 1 minute and 15 seconds. While doing this I struggled to match up the audio with the clips. On the last clip I wanted the song to end as the door closed. So now I plan on going home and filming the voiceover AGAIN. This is getting frustrating and I have put in so much time in this project but I won’t settle for less than perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment