Friday, January 17, 2020

starting the final task

Hello! I’m Amelia. Long time no blog. Since arriving back at school for this semester we have starting our final task in AICE Media Studies. For our final task we will be making a movie pitch and a two minute piece of said movie. The group I have chosen to work with is Me, Maya, Gavin, and Thomas. I am our idea maker and mostly the lead of the creative team. I come up with our cool concepts and movie ideas. Maya is our brains. She helps make sure that we do everything professionally and is always making sure we follow the guidelines. Thomas is our camera man. He helps write the blogs and do behind the scenes stuff for filming. Gavin is our advisor. He watches and makes sure that we are on task.
Our teachers asked us to come up with three pitches for our project. Here are our three:
- My biggest regret is befriending my stalker.
- I faked my death and I’m ready for revenge.
- Finding my biological parents is harder than I thought.
A pitch is the main idea of a movie in less than 25 words. We chose these ideas because we think the audience will like them more. All of these movies are Thrillers/Mystery which will grab more people’s attention than a romance. Throughout this entire year we have been learning about camera angles, movements, technology, and how this all effects films. We will choose to use suspenseful angles and blunt jump cuts to intensify our film and convey meaning. We will also incorporate our learning of technology to edit our movie or use technology to get aerial shots.
Our first pitch was a starting point. We liked the idea of the suspense and mystery. But after careful review, we thought maybe that it was vague. The pitch could be interpreted into film through different ways. Considering we only have two minutes, we wanted to have an idea that we could capture the greatness and originality of in that amount of time. Our second pitch was another step in the right direction. It was thrilling and sort of a murder mystery. My group just talked about we are not sure if we can fit the background story in our two minute time lot. Our last pitch was our best yet. I think. It doesn’t really require any background because in the pitch it mentions that our main character was adopted. We don’t need to show her being adopted. I feel like we will choose the last one because it mixes thrill with mystery, suspense, and real situations. But we are not narrowing down our choices until the next class so...see you later blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment