Monday, March 9, 2020

Re-Editing Blog: Fixing the cuts

Since the peer review I have made some editing fixes to our Final Task. In our movie opening the transitions or cuts were not consistent. This meaning that some cuts were faster and some were slower. Some cuts were also different types as shown in the picture attached. When reading some of the notes that were left on the peer review I decided that we needed to re-shoot scenes also. Because the volume of scenes was too much to re-shoot we decided to tackle the re-editing first. The specific change I made was changing the blunt cut to a slide transition. This made the scene look more professional. At first when I added the slide transition it looked fake. Our movie opener looked more like a powerpoint and less like a thriller. Then I discovered that when setting the slide transition you could adjust the time it took to switch scenes. I adjusted this from 2.0 seconds to 0.5 seconds and our movie looked more professional already. After changing the scene transitions I also looked at changing the shot length. In the comments of our peer review we missed some required shots. Because our film is 1 minute and 58 seconds we don’t have extra room to add shots. So by looking at longer scenes and seeing which area we can cut, we can meet the requirements. Some edits I made were cutting out the chase scene where the aunt chases after the main character Alex. When we re-shoot I will need to re-edit again to include our re-shoots. I also re-recorded the voice over at the end of the video to make it seem more natural. Attached is a screenshot of me editing the transitions between shots of our movie opener.

No comments:

Post a Comment