Thursday, November 7, 2019

editing blog

After dealing with the desktop computers not carrying pinnacle studios for us to edit our commercial, we got laptops. Our teachers found a way to get us laptops temporarily so that we could edit and learn the software. My group was computer number 3 and we started by getting our SD card reader. Luckily we used a personal SD card that was brought by a group member. Once we put the SD card in the SD card reader we plugged it into the computer. I started uploading our video files. Once we uploaded our files we put them into a folder we made. Ms. M talked about how important it was that we make a folder for our files so they don’t get lost. We had a lot of footage that we had taken when filming our commercial because what we storyboarded didn’t work out. It took us a long time to watch all the clips.
Most of our takes were funny and we got somewhat distracted by them. Once we picked some good takes I dragged them into the 3rd track. The third track helps me do all the editing without separating the audio. I cut all the takes to blend together well in the commercial. The style we did our commercial in was a “follow me to class” with our groups member Thomas. I used mostly jump cuts throughout the editing of the commercial. Only in the establishing shot did I use a fade in. I also separated audio from the video track. I didn’t make a voice over and delete the audio but I wanted to learn how to separate it. I also helped form text on the screen.
My group wanted to put text on the screen when Thomas was talking about sports at our school. The text was supposed to include a list of sports our school offers. I made the list of sports and put the text in the second track above the third track. When you put stuff in places in tracks, you layer it. I set the text to show up at a specific point in the video but cutting it. Maya and I also played around with the editing of the text, font, color, and size. I ended putting a cool fade behind the letters. It looked unnatural but against the shot it was a better choice. Then the last step was to add a transition out. I added a fade in for the last transition because it was also the first transition we started the commercial with.

No comments:

Post a Comment