Friday, October 25, 2019

filming blog

When we were filming I helped participate by filling out the waiver first. Once we filled out the waiver and checked out our equipment we headed around campus. I helped my group creatively by coming up with places to shoot and ideas. We knew we wanted an opening shot of the school but we didn’t know where to do it. I found a place in building 21 on the second stairs. Another girl in my group, Maya, was filming and she did a very good job with the camera angles. Overall our establishing shot has the main Fort Lauderdale High School sign in the bus loop with the sun rising above it.
Once we had our establishing shot we started thinking about the theme for our 30 second ad. I came up with ideas including interviewing people, just a voice over ad, or a vlog. We decided on a “day in the life” theme by following around a student. We followed around Thomas, one of our group members, as he walks to class. Thomas shows the main features of the school. I came up with an idea for me to throw a sports jersey in the frame so Thomas could catch it and promote the sports teams at Fort Lauderdale High School.
Some technical issues we faced were that we felt limited by not being able to go in the classrooms. We didn’t know how to promote the school if we couldn’t go in it. Another issue was that we took a lot of footage and our camera died so we decided to film the rest on an Iphone. Gavin, a group member, has to go back to the media room to gather props because we decided our storyboard wasn’t good enough. In the end, we had tons of footage from trial and error mistakes. But I think i contributed enough on the creative aspect and our commercial will turn out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment